Senior Tax Compliance AccountantPOSITION SUMMARY:
Oversees and manages all tax compliance issues in a timely, efficient and professional manner. Planning tax engagements and preparation as well as other tax related issues for T&R, our clients and their related entities.
• Can demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and application of Internal Revenue Code, Indiana Code (IC), Indiana Administrative Code, Multi-State Sales and Use tax codes and Canadian Goods and Services Taxes.
• Recommends tax strategies, plans and solutions by understanding clients business requirements; researching and tracking economic, political, legislative trends affecting and potentially affecting client’s business; identifying, reviewing and researching federal, state, local, and foreign taxation issues.
• Implements client tax plans by managing tax engagements; recommending federal, state, location and foreign tax strategies, positions, returns, and payments; researching tax strategies, developing new business; supervising staff.
• Prepares federal, state, local, and foreign tax documents by approving preparation of work papers, positions, schedules, returns, and IRS filings, including those for subsidiaries, reviewing payroll, property, and sales and use, and income taxes.
• Improves client tax administration by recommending procedures, guidelines, systems, documentation, and reporting to federal, state, local, and foreign authorities.
• Identifies, lists, and reports all unresolved client tax issues and concerns weekly to Members.
• Maintains current and accurate tax client data bases to include statistics on number of client calls, number of tax client’s services per week, types of services and tax budget per client versus actual.
• Will utilize approximately 10% of work time on the development, implementation and management of on-going strategies to attract and retain new tax clients.
• Promotes new ideas and business solutions that result in extended services to existing clients.
• Will act as the point person for all tax related inquiries, tax client referrals and initial client meetings.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• BS Degree in accounting, tax or related degree from an accredited college or university. CPA Preferred.
• College curriculum should include a minimum of 12-15 hours of tax related courses.
• Minimum of 4-6 years in accounting with concentration in performing tax-related activities especially for Partnerships, Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, S-Corporations and personal service.
• Advanced computer skills, with emphasis in tax research tools, ability to understand tax software workflow and learn applicable tax software. QuickBooks, Word and Excel preferred.
• Detail oriented with good written and oral communication skills.
• Well demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
PERSONAL RELATION SKILLS:
• Strong initiative, communication and interpersonal skills with ability to progress upward in the organization.
• Must be able to take constructive criticism, be able to work together with others and have the ability to interact in an analytical and support role.
• Must be able to interface with team to accomplish tasks/assignments accurately, on time and within budget.
• Will supervise assigned paraprofessionals and bookkeepers as requested by managing Member.
• Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as requested by Members and/or contingent upon seasonal mandates. May be required to work at customer premise from time to time. Some travel as needed.
|Copyright 2015 Thomas & Reed, LLC. All
Designed by C.R. Group